Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viral
Admin
Admin

Clan Points : 36
Popularity : 0

PostSubject: [SOTW #1] ~ Sign Up!   Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:37 pm

NOTE: This topic is purely of SOTW Entries. Any other posts will be warned and deleted!

To newbies of art: If you're new and think that you won't stand a chance then please do apply. You'll only progress through practise and seeing yourself progress is good for self confidence.

SOTW (Sig of the week) is a contest where each week a theme is set, based on the theme you have to create a signature. When you are happy with the result you can enter it here. At the end of the week the signature will be judged by myself, Josh ([Spot.]), Moderator, spunge and CrisNMP. If I enter then another judge will take my place, chosen by myself, as is the same with any judge.

Signatures will not be judged purely on aesthetics, they will have to suit the theme. I am your client and you should aim to work around the brief as well as the beauty.

Rules:
- No pre-made signatures are allowed, we will check.
- No ripping. This means you can't use signatures made by others and you must make sure you have permission to use the C4D's and renders etc. you include.
- Signatures submitted must be in .png format.
- You are allowed to make one post here, if you wish you can change your signature once before the deadline.
- Signatures must be static
- Embed your submission with [IMG] tags.
- Stick to any enforced size limits set in the theme.

------------------- -------------------------- -----------------------

Current Theme: Typography

Typography is a huge part of whether a piece makes it or breaks it. If a piece includes text then it's interaction with the piece should be highly considered. We have noticed a lot of people are let down by their lack of consideration for type and as a result we have brought forward a challenge which, we hope, may allow you to understand more about typography and improve upon your current attempts. The piece should aim to be primarily typographic, showing consideration into subject matter (what the words say), composition (how they are arranged) and outcome (what fonts you chose and how they relate to your message).

Good examples of typography can be found easily all around the Internet, as can tutorials. With a small amount of research you should be able to produce quite nice final pieces. One thing to mention is that typography isn't restricted to the English alphabet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bloodyclan.darkbb.com

[SOTW #1] ~ Sign Up!
Page 1 of 1